The Indiana Chapter of the Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professionals understands the importance of higher education and promotes opportunities for students in the fields of engineering, maintenance, and related concentrations to pursue their education. The SMRP-Indiana Chapter provides financial assistance to students currently enrolled in a maintenance, reliability, or engineering program at an accredited college or university.
Available in the following states: Indiana
Requirements snapshot: Essay, Letters of recommendation, Level of education or amount of credits, Specific field/degree/major/career, Attend Indiana college/university or resident of Indiana
Scholarship PIN: S00174
Submitted by: Katelyn
The award amount for this scholarship is $1000.
* Candidates must be currently enrolled in an institution of higher learning. Preference is given to undergraduate students.
* The applicant must be attending a school in the State of Indiana or be a resident of the State of Indiana.
* Majors accepted: any engineering, reliability or maintenance-related course of study
* Membership in SMRP is not required
* Officers and directors of SMRP, SMRPCO and/or the SMRP Foundation, as well as the scholarship chairperson of SMRP-Indiana, and their direct dependents are ineligible to apply.
* Financial need is not a criterion.
* Applicants must submit a completed application by December 31, 2016 to be considered.
Instructions for Applying
To apply for the 2017-2018 SMRP Indiana Chapter Scholarship you must submit a completed application and submit a letter of recommendation and essay via email or mail. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Letter of Recommendation & Essay
Letter of Recommendation – Please submit a letter of recommendation from a professor in your field of study that can speak to your academic career.
Essay – Please submit a one (1) paragraph essay (300 words max) stating how you hope to exemplify one of the five pillars described in the SMRP Body of Knowledge in your future workplace. You can read about the five pillars in the SMRP Library.
This scholarship earns a low competition rating. Scholarships with low competition are usually limited to students who live in a specific geographic area and/or specific group of students. We highly suggest you apply to this scholarship if you meet the requirements.
Current submission deadline: 12/31/2016
This scholarship becomes available each year. If you missed the deadline, check back for next year’s deadline.
How to Apply
To see how to apply, you must first login or register.