The Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship provides high school and college students, studying in the field of education, who have achieved academic success with a renewable scholarship for up to four academic years. In exchange, students agree to teach at an Indiana school for five years or repay the prorated amount of the scholarship. Priority is given to students graduating in the 2016-2017 academic year, but current college students are welcome to apply.
Available in the following states: Indiana
Requirements snapshot: GPA Level, Essay, Letters of recommendation, Level of education or amount of credits, Specific field/degree/major/career, ACT/SAT scores, high school class rank
Scholarship PIN: S00176
Submitted by: Katelyn
The award amount for this scholarship is $7500. Renewable for up to 4 years of education
* Must be an Indiana resident by December 31st the year prior to applying for aid (i.e. December 31, 2016 for the 2017-18 school year)
* I am a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen authorized to be in the United States.
* Must have graduated from an Indiana accredited high school or non-accredited nonpublic high school
* Must either have (a) graduated in the top 20 percent of their high school graduating class, or (b) received a score in the top 20th percentile on the SAT or ACT
* Must maintain a 3.0 GPA each academic year
* Must enroll in and complete 30 credit hours or its equivalent each academic year
* Must request renewal for the scholarship on an annual basis
* Must obtain a license to teach in Indiana and serve as a teacher in an eligible Indiana school for 5 years upon college graduation
* Must repay 20% of the scholarship for each year service requirements are not fulfilled
This scholarship earns a medium competition level rating. Scholarships with a medium competition level usually are well-known within the geographic area. In addition, national scholarships that limited to a small group of students will also earn a medium competition rating. If you meet the requirements, we suggest you work this into the mix of scholarships that you are applying to.
Current submission deadline: 12/31/2016
This scholarship becomes available each year. If you missed the deadline, check back for next year’s deadline.
How to Apply
To see how to apply, you must first login or register.