Legal education in this country has never been more competitive or more costly, and it is our goal to help interested candidates realize their potential. Part of this initiative is the promotion of diversity within our law schools and ultimately, our profession.
Scholarship PIN: S00011 Local PIN: NAT0002
The Ellis Injury Law Diversity Scholarship Award is for $1,000 available to both undergraduate and law school students who are either members of an ethnic/racial minority OR have shown a strong commitment to diversity issues throughout their education.
Candidates must submit a 1500-2000 word essay with respect to recent rhetoric regarding Muslims in this country, including answers to the following questions:
- What are your feelings about Donald Trump’s recent request to ban all Muslims from entering the United States, and establish a database for all Muslims living in the United States of America?
- In your opinion, is this a justified response to growing terror threats against the US, and if so, why?
- Please discuss how the Bill of Rights acts to protect Americans against such measures and how the President might circumvent the Constitution in order to enact laws of this nature.
To be eligible for the scholarship award, candidates must be EITHER:
- A member of an ethnic/racial minority OR
- An individual who has made a demonstrative commitment to diversity issues within his or her school and/or community
ALL candidates must be accepted at, or attending a 4-year college program with the intention of pursuing a legal degree; OR accepted at, or attending an ABA-accredited law school within the United States.
All candidates will also be required to submit a copy of their most current transcript reflecting a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Because this is a national scholarship, there is a greater level of competition. However, the scholarship is limited to those seeking a law degree. In addition, many students will be discouraged by the required essay, giving those that take the time to apply an advantage. These factors combined give this scholarship a medium competition level.
All applications must be received by email on or before June 30 (annual). Winners will be announced within 30 days of the application deadline.
How to Apply
To see how to apply, you must first login or register.