Have you read one of Ayn Rand’s thought-provoking novels? Now’s the time! Enter an Ayn Rand Institute essay contest for your chance to win thousands of dollars in cash prizes.
ARI has held worldwide essay contests for students on Ayn Rand’s fiction for thirty years. This year we will award over 400 prizes totaling more than $50,000.
Scholarship PIN: S00014 Local PIN: NAT0005
1st Place – $10,000 (1 winner)
2nd Place – $2,000 (5 winners)
3rd Place – $1,000 (10 winners)
Finalists – $100 (45 winners)
Semifinalists – $50 (175 winners)
Students in the following states are eligible for additional prize money:
- Chicagoland (All schools located in the states of Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin)
- Winner: $2,000 (1 winner)
- Runner-Up: $1,000 (1 winner)
- Finalists: $500 (3 winners)
- Colorado (All schools located in the state of Colorado)
- Winner: $500 (1 winner)
Entrant must be in the 11th or 12th grade. Verification of school enrollment will be required for all winning entrants.
Entrants must submit an essay about the book The Fountainhead from one of three topics listed on the site . Essay must be no fewer than 800 and no more than 1,600 words in length, double-spaced. Spelling errors and/or written corrections (by anyone) found on the essay will count against the final grade and should be omitted before submission.
To avoid disqualification, mailed-in essays must include a stapled cover sheet with the following information:
1. your name and address;
2. your email address (if available);
3. the name and address of your school;
4. topic selected (#1, 2 or 3 from the “Topics” tab);
5. your current grade level; and
6. (optional) the name of the teacher who assigned the essay if you are completing it for classroom credit.
Because this is a national scholarship, the competition level would normally be high. But considering the fact that they select over 200 winners, you’re chances become pretty good. This scholarship earns a low competition level because of this. It is highly recommended that you apply.
Entry Deadline: April 26, 2017
How to Apply
To see how to apply, you must first login or register.